- Make your product title less than 60 characters and approximately 5-8 words
- Include your main product keywords in the product description title
- Include head keywords that generally describe your product (i.e. phone, rug, dress)
- Include fabric or material information for accessories, jewelry, bedding, apparel, or any category where this information adds value or interest for customers
- Include compatible items for electronics and gadgets (i.e. “for iPhone 10, X”)
- Include product keywords + long-tail keywords in your title that highlight what customers are searching for. (i.e. Mini Bluetooth Headphones with Wireless Charger instead of Bluetooth Headphones.)
- Research high volume product keywords for your products. Try keyword search tools such as SEMRush or Moz to gauge your keyword search volume
- Check if product keywords that your competitors use also apply to your products, if so, add to your titles
- Don’t keyword stuff by repeatedly mentioning your product’s keywords as this will negatively impact your product ranking
- Lead with 3-4 descriptive sentences explaining what the product is, how it’s used and why the customer needs it. Focus on the value it brings to customers, what makes it special? This is your chance to pitch your product!
- Put yourself in the customer’s shoes. Make sure to answer all potential customer questions to help them make an informed purchase.
- Identify who your target customers are (age, interests, etc.)
- Follow with 5-7 bullets highlighting key product features
- Key points will vary by product category
- Apparel: material, fit, care instructions, closure (include fit chart or measurements)
- Accessories & Jewelry: material, size, closure, brand
- Electronics: features, storage capacity, battery life, compatibility, instructions
- Home: material, dimensions, assembly required, parts included
- Health/Beauty: approved claims/benefits, ingredients, instructions
- Branded goods can add a short brand story to help customers understand your company history and mission
- Include your main product keywords 1-2x in the product description and the product page URL
- Key points will vary by product category
Images and Video:
- Use professional high-resolution images that are 1284x1248 pixels to allow customers to zoom in on product details. (Minimum 500 x 500 pixels, though larger is recommended for zoom-in functionality).
- Include a minimum of 1 lifestyle image, 1 product-only image on a white background, and additional images to display color/size options (if applicable). Recommended: Add as many relevant product images as allowed (10) and product video are also suggested.
- Include your main product keywords in the alt-image tag
- Do not add watermarks, graphics, or text to images. To avoid product removal by valuable marketing channels, we suggest an unobstructed view of the product without additional promotional elements.
- Composite images can be used for products with multiple color or size variations
- Consider the product category. Certain products require different things. For example:
- Solar lighting should have an image of the product at night
- Apparel should have images of the front, side, and back silhouettes
- Apparel, Accessories, and Jewelry should include images on a model for size and fit reference
- Update your inventory frequently and accurately to improve product search rank and drive additional sales
- See your MoreCommerce dashboard to view low inventory products to address
- Ensure that MSRP is higher than OpenSky price, customers are looking for a value offered.
- Load competitive pricing. Shop your competitors, keeping in mind your agreed take rate, price your item at or below market price for the most conversions.
- Do not add exorbitant shipping costs. Shipping price should be commensurate with the size/weight of the item (or include your shipping fees in the OpenSky Price with “free shipping” offered to customers).
Optimized Product Listings:
- Your title highlights key features & available options, without adding unnecessary information
- Your product description is thorough; contains editorial content and bullets of important features
- Your images include at least 1 lifestyle, 1 product shot, 1 image on a model/in-action (if applicable) + additional colors and angles (more is more!)
- Your item price is competitive compared to the market and your MSRP is in-line with the market
- Your available inventory is loaded in full and updated frequently