Etsy Import Checklist
If you are importing products from your Etsy store, be sure to note the following:
- Download your product file from Etsy
- Sign in to Etsy
- Under "Shop Settings" click "Options"
- Click the "Download Data" tab
- Click "Download CSV."
- After your products have been imported, please check them for correct pricing. Products with variations will be imported under a single price. For example, 12", 18" and 24" gold chains will have the same price, even if your Etsy shop lists them at different prices. You will have to correct these prices either manually or via Bulk Edit.
- Check your product descriptions for accuracy. Your descriptions may include references to things (such as Convos) or processes (such as instructing customers to contact you via the "Note to Seller") that are not applicable to our marketplace. Don't risk confusing your potential customers!
- Many Etsy merchants sell customized jewelry, keepsakes and other items. Please note that product listings for these types of items must contain something called a customization field. Customization fields allow customers to submit all types of personalization text (names, birthdays, etc.) at the time of purchase. You will have to add customization fields to each of your products that require personalization. Don't worry -- adding customization fields is easy! See this article for details.
- Check your item weights. All of your products will be created with a weight of .8lb (this is automatic and not editable). We import at that weight in order to have a baseline weight in case we ever have to generate a return shipping label for any time. Following import, you may update those weights via Bulk Edit to more accurate numbers.
- Products from Etsy will not have any categories selected for them. You will need to add categories through our Bulk Edit before they can be published.
Import your Products
- Select Import Products from the Products menu.
- On the next page you will want to click on the Add button under Etsy.
- Select your Etsy downloaded CSV for upload using the Choose File button.
- Add your shipping prices.
- Click Import Products
- Once product data has imported you will need to export your MoreCommerce Full Product data file via the MoreCommerce Bulk Edit page
- Within the exported file, map your products to the MoreCommerce Category List.
- Make sure to also include all other missing required fields based on the Data File Specifications Guide
- Save your CSV in the same format, and upload it to your MoreCommerce toolkit via the Bulk Edit page.