You can import your products to your MoreCommerce store using a Google product file. This is a convenient option for those familiar with the Google product file format. You can take the same file you use with Google Shopping (or another vendor accepting this file type) and use it to upload your products.
Uploading your products using a Google product file
- Locate your Google product file and store it on your computer.
- Go to the Google import page in your MoreCommerce merchant account.
- Click “Choose file” to select your Google product file.
- Set optional default values for Quantity and Shipping (you can also provide these through your Google product file).
- Click “Import my products” to upload your listings.
- Once the import has finished, check your Import History for processing details and error report
Using a Google product file through the site's FTP
You can also import Google product feed files via the site's FTP (learn about the FTP). Our system will automatically detect files in the Google format and convert them to our format. Simply import your file exactly as you would import a file to our format. Be mindful of the data mapping and update behavior described below (especially as it comes to deleting products). Also note that any Quantity or Shipping defaults set on the Google Import page apply to files imported via FTP as well.
Google product file to data mapping details
- If you have up to date Google categories in your file, we will automatically map them to the corresponding categories. Otherwise you’ll need to add categories to your products separately.
- MoreCommerce supports two price fields: Site Price and Retail Price
- Site Price = Current selling price before discounts and coupons
- Retail Price = “Strike-through price” i.e. price shown above the current selling price and used to calculate savings
- Google supports two price fields: Sale Price and Price
- Sale Price is not always included in the file but if it is, we will use it as MoreCommerce Price, i.e. as current selling price
- When Sale Price exists, we will use MoreCommerce Price as Retail Price, i.e. as "strike-through price".
- If Sale Price does not exist, we will use Price as MoreCommerce Price (Retail Price is not used in this case)
- NOTE: Sale price effective date is not supported by MoreCommerce. Any Sale Price will remain effective on MoreCommerce until it is removed from a subsequent Google import file. You can also edit your MoreCommerce Price through your merchant account or with a CSV import.
- Google product file format does not support a Quantity field but we requires Quantity.
- You can set a default Quantity value for all products on the Google Import Page
- Or, you can add a Quantity field to your Google file and provide SKU level quantities
- If your Google file has Availability set to "Out of Stock" or "Preorder", MoreCommerce will automatically set your Quantity to 0. MoreCommerce does not support listing out of stock or preorder items.
- We only accepts items in "New" condition.
- Items in "Used" or "Refurbished" conditions are not accepted.
- MoreCommerce will create products with variations when the Google product file includes SKUs (i.e. rows) with ItemGroupIDs.
- Only Color and Size are treated as variations (selectable product options) on the product listing page.
- Age Group, Gender, Material and Pattern are not treated as variations. If values in these fields are the same for all SKUs under the same ItemGroupID (this is almost always the case), MoreCommerce will treat them as additional product information and display on the product listing page.
Updating products after your initial Google product file import
You can make subsequent updates and add new products using Google product files but note that:
- Unlike on Google Shopping, products cannot be deleted from MoreCommerce by leaving them out of the imported data file. You must unpublish products you do not want on MoreCommerce through your merchant account or by using an MoreCommerce CSV file.
You can also update and add products using the MoreCommerce CSV file format or manually through the add products page.