ShipWorks is a third-party order fulfillment service that integrates with your Merchant Toolkit. We do not charge a fee to use ShipWorks, but you will need to create an account with ShipWorks in order to proceed.
Before you begin, make sure your ShipWorks account is fully active. Then:
- Make sure you've shipped all your currently Pending orders. Only attempt ShipWorks integration if you have 0 Pending and Review orders.
- Go to the ShipWorks Integration page in your merchant account's Integrations Menu. Click on Enable ShipWorks to receive your credentials (username, password and store URL).
- Double-check to make sure all of your Pending orders have shipped, then log in to your ShipWorks account.
- Click to set up a new store in ShipWorks.
- Under "What platform do you sell on?", select OpenSky.
- On the next page, enter the Username, Password, and Module URL that you received in our activation email.
- Be sure to use the information contained in the email, not your login information, and click Next.
- Confirm your store information on the next screen (this is for shipping information) and click Next.
- Important: Update the download timeline to download orders starting from 1 day ago. (ShipWorks also will download your complete orders, so if you leave it at the default "30 days ago" setting, you'll potentially have to wait for thousands of orders to download.)
- Leave the "Upload the shipment tracking number" checked and click Next.
- Confirm all the information and click Finish.
ShipWorks is integrated! You'll see the orders begin to download. This may take a while: each order takes several seconds to download, and ShipWorks will download all of your orders from the past day, including completed orders.
To download new orders to ShipWorks, click the green "Download" button in ShipWorks.
Once your ShipWorks account is integrated:
- Orders enter the In Processing state in your Orders tab when they download to your ShipWorks account. We capture funds for the orders and shoppers cannot cancel them (shoppers instead have to return them). Even though they are In Processing, they will still read as Pending in your Merchant Toolkit.
- If you need to cancel an order, please contact us and select "Cancel an order" for a faster response.
- When you ship the order via ShipWorks, the shipment information is automatically updated on our site too. Shoppers won't receive an email from us until this happens.
- Check the weight of all orders after they enter ShipWorks. ShipWorks converts all item weight listings to ounces. This means that if you have weight information associated with your items in pounds and ounces, ShipWorks will misread the data. For example, an item that weighs 2 pounds will be imported as having a weight of 2 ounces, and the corresponding cost of shipment will be incorrect. You will need to change the weight manually to generate the correct shipping cost.
After integrating with ShipWorks, do not process orders in the Merchant Toolkit as it can knock the 2 systems out of sync and cause problems. You can, however, use the Merchant Toolkit to contact customers about their orders via the the "Email Customer" link that appears in the Order Details screen.
You don't need to send shipping confirmations to your customers. We automatically send an email when you ship orders via from ShipWorks.
If you have any problems or the orders seem to be out of sync, contact us.