Unfortunately, returns and cancellations are part of doing business. Sometimes products get damaged in transit, and shoppers want to return the items after they're delivered. Other times, shoppers change their minds about a purchase and cancel an order before you process it.
When you create a product, a return policy is automatically set for that item.
Returns are not allowed if a product is custom or listed in a category that does not allow returns, such as:
- Electronic Media
- Beauty (excluding electronics)
- Gourmet Foods
MoreCommerce shoppers can generally return all other products within between 14 and 30 days of the shipment delivery date (see exceptions), depending on the sales channel. Once the returned item has been shipped back to you, MoreCommerce will refund the shopper her money. We cannot issue store credit for returned items.
These return guidelines give shoppers peace of mind and the reassurance they need to buy from you, as well as ensure consistency with the return policy requirements on all our integrated sales channels.
When a shopper wants to return a product, she:
1. Initiates a return through the applicable sales channel or by contacting our Customer Love team
2. Selects the reason for the return (if required).
3. She receives a shipping label to send the item back to you. In certain cases, shoppers may use their own shipping labels or you will be required to facilitate return shipping.
4. At this point, you'll also see the order deducted from your Payments page found in the Account menu.
5. Once you receive the return, MoreCommerce will issue the appropriate refund to the shopper based on the return reason and any other applicable details. The reason associated with a return may determine who is responsible for the original and return shipping costs.
Keep in mind MoreCommerce will not review all returns. However, you will be notified of all returns and the reasons associated with them. Be sure to monitor these and contact us within 24 hours if you wish to contest any aspect of a return (such as the return reason or condition of the item), and provide us with any info we request (this may include photos) to verify the condition of the item.
If we do not hear from you, we’ll assume the return is in good condition and will issue the refund.
In most cases, you will not receive compensation for shipping costs, nor are you able to charge a separate return shipping fee.
After the standard return window
Products that fall outside the standard return window can be returned if:
- The product arrived damaged
- The item was not as described
- An incorrect product was shipped to a shopper
- The item arrived late or was shipped after the promised shipping window
- The product didn’t meet reasonable expectations for quality
- The order was placed through a 3rd party distribution channel which has a longer return window
- The order qualifies for our Holiday Returns Program
If any of the above occur, MoreCommerce will deduct the return shipping fee that is typically deducted from the shopper's refund from your payment in addition to the value of the order.
What if a shopper returns something without contacting MoreCommerce?
If that happens, please contact our Merchant Help with the order number and item(s) returned.
We'll then process the shopper's refund if the merchandise is in resalable condition.