Unfortunately, returns and cancellations are part of doing business. Sometimes products get damaged in transit, and shoppers want to return the items after they're delivered. Other times, shoppers change their minds about a purchase and cancel an order before you process it.
When you create a product, a return policy is automatically set for that item.
Returns are not allowed if a product is custom or listed in a category that does not allow returns, such as:
- Electronic Media
- Beauty (excluding electronics)
- Gourmet Foods
MoreCommerce shoppers can generally return all other products within 14 days of the shipment delivery date (see exceptions) as long as the item is in resalable condition. Once you receive and verify the return and its condition, MoreCommerce will refund the shopper her money. We cannot issue store credit.
These return guidelines give shoppers peace of mind and the reassurance they need to buy from you.
When a shopper wants to return a product, she:
1. Goes to her “Orders” page.
2. Clicks the “Need to return this item” link, or requests a return from the “Order Details” page.
3. Selects the reason for the return.
4. Depending on the reason selected, she either gets a shipping label so she can package the return and send it back to you.
Or her request is submitted to our Customer Love Team, who reviews her request. MoreCommerce will then either email her a return shipping label so she can send her return to you, or we’ll ask for additional information.
At this point, you'll also see the order deducted from your "Payments" page.
Keep in mind that this means MoreCommerce will not review all returns. However, you will be notified of all returns and the reasons associated with them. Be sure to monitor these and contact us within 24 hours if you disagree with a reason given for any return. (The reason associated with a return may determine who will pay the original and return shipping costs.)
5. Once you receive the return, MoreCommerce will issue the appropriate refund to the shopper as long as the merchandise is in resalable condition.
If the returned item is not in resalable condition, please let us know within 24 hours of receiving the return, and provide us with any info we request (this may include photos) to verify the condition of the item.
If we do not hear from you, we’ll assume the return is in good condition and will issue the refund.
In most cases, you will not receive compensation for shipping costs, nor are you able to charge a separate return shipping fee.
After the standard return window
Products that fall outside the standard return window can be returned if:
- The product arrived damaged
- The item was not as described
- An incorrect product was shipped to a shopper
- The item arrived late or was shipped after the promised shipping window
- The product didn’t meet reasonable expectations for quality
If any of the above occur, MoreCommerce will deduct the return shipping fee that is typically deducted from the shopper's refund from your payment in addition to the value of the order.
What if a shopper returns something without contacting MoreCommerce?
If that happens, please contact our Merchant Help with the order number and item(s) returned.
We'll then process the shopper's refund if the merchandise is in resalable condition.