(If you'd like to import products via a generic CSV file, see this article).
(If you'd like to use a Google product file, see this article).
MoreCommerce's product import tool makes adding products to your store quick and easy.
If you sell via Etsy or Shopify, you'll be able to use the import tool to upload your products into your store.
Import Your Products
1. Select Import from the main Products tab menu.
2. On the next page, you're able to select the platform from which you would like to import your products. (Please note that when importing from Etsy or Shopify, all of your listings will import -- if they have sufficient information. There is no way to import only a portion of your listings.)
3. Next, follow the step-by-step instructions so that we can locate your products and import them into your store.
Important: If they contain sufficient information, your listings will be published instantly upon import. That means that they will be live and visible to the public as soon as they are imported. If you want time to review your listings, you will have to use your Bulk Edit tool to un-publish your listings. This doesn't take long, and is a good way to ensure your listings have correct categories, full descriptions, etc. Learn more about your Bulk Edit tool here.
Etsy Import Checklist
If you are importing products from your Etsy store, be sure to note the following:
- After your products have imported, please check them for correct pricing. Products with variations will be imported under a single price. For example, 12", 18" and 24" gold chains will have the same price, even if your Etsy shop lists them at different prices. You will have to correct these prices either manually or via Bulk Edit.
- Check your product descriptions for accuracy. Your descriptions may include references to things (such as Convos) or processes (such as instructing customers to contact you via the "Note to Seller") that are not applicable to our marketplace. Don't risk confusing your potential customers!
- Many Etsy merchants sell customized jewelry, keepsakes and other items. Please note that product listings for these types of items must contain something called a customization field. Customization fields allow customers to submit all types of personalization text (names, birthdays, etc.) at the time of purchase. You will have to add customization fields to each of your products that require personalization. Don't worry -- adding customization fields is easy! See this article for details.
- Check your item weights. All of your products will be created with a weight of .8lb (this is automatic and not editable). We import at that weight in order to have a baseline weight in case we ever have to generate a return shipping label for any time. Following import, you may update those weights via Bulk Edit to more accurate numbers.
Product Import FAQ
What if I already have products uploaded? Will my import create duplicates?
When you import products, our technology checks for uniqueness by product name. If a product you are importing has the exact same name on our site, we won't import it (which would create a duplicate record) However, please note that this needs to be an exact match, including character spacing.
After I import my store from Etsy or Shopify, will my inventory counts update automatically when I have a sale on Etsy or Shopify?
No. After you import your products, the connection is severed. Inventory counts do not update automatically. You will have to manage your inventory counts via individual product edit screens or the Bulk Edit tool.
Will the import overwrite existing items?
No. If a product you are importing has the exact same name as an existing product in your store, it won't be imported.
Attention Etsy Sellers: If you're importing an Etsy store, you may have multiple products with the same name (in the case where you've disabled and cloned the item in the past). Don't worry -- the system will only import the most recent version.
What if there are issues during my product upload?
If there are any issues during the upload, we save that product as a "Draft" and it can be edited after the import. (Drafted products are not visible to the public.) For example, if an image doesn't meet our requirements, the associated product will be saved as a draft and will need to be edited afterwards.
How do I set the inventory on my products?
If there's no inventory count listed, we automatically sets it to 10 units. You can edit this manually in your Toolkit, or use Bulk Edit to change the inventory counts of many items at once.
I imported from Etsy. What's up with the weights in my store's CSV?
All published items are required to have a weight within the our system. (This is because we need to know how heavy something is in order to create a return shipping label.) If your product doesn't have a weight in the Etsy system, we'll assign it a default weight of .8 lbs (which is the heaviest weight allowed by USPS First Class mail, our default returns method). If you'd like to change these weights, do so through a Bulk Edit procedure.
How will I know when my import has finished?
After the import is complete, a message will appear in your dashboard that lets you know the import is complete. It will tell you how many products were imported and published, and how many were imported as drafts that require editing prior to publication.
I don't see my platform listed in your import tool. What can I do?
Contact our Merchant Help Team and let us know where you sell. We're always improving our merchant tools and would love to know which platforms are most popular with our merchants.