We updated the following Policies pages on April 1, 2019:
- Terms & Conditions
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Merchant Agreement
- Merchant Fees & Payment Terms
- Terms of Membership Policy
- Merchant Quality of Service Agreements
- Merchant Rules
- Merchant Boost Agreement
Among the specific changes, you’ll find these notable updates:
- We may now adjust selling and shipping prices to maximize sales. In order to optimize sales across our various channels, we may adjust the selling and shipping prices of products in order to best appeal to the respective audiences. Don't worry though - you will still receive the same payment regardless of these efforts!
- Return processing rules for some 3rd party channel orders may vary based on the rules for the channel. A significant portion of sales generated through our platform now go through 3rd party distribution channels (i.e. Facebook, Groupon, Walmart, etc.), which give us varying flexibility with respect to returns. For returns requested on such orders, we may extend the return window or adjust how the related costs are handled if we are restricted from applying our usual guidelines.
- Discretionary fees may now be charged for listing prohibited products. We sometimes incur significant costs (both operational and legal) in association with handling prohibited products that are listed through our platform and we now reserve the right to assess per occurrence fees at our discretion to help offset these costs. Just make sure you follow the guidelines in our Merchant Rules and this should not impact you!
- Merchants are prohibited from listing the same product through multiple stores. This has always been an unwritten rule, but it has come up enough in practice in recent years that we are now inclined to call out this restriction specifically.
Have questions about these updates? Contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.