MoreCommerce pays you via ACH directly to your bank account. (MoreCommerce cannot pay by check or PayPal.)
Requirements to get paid
Make sure your financial information is updated to avoid any payment delays:
- Log in to your Merchant Toolkit
- In the Account menu, select the Banking/Billing option.
- Make sure your US-based bank account and routing numbers are saved on this page. For security reasons they will be starred out.
- Make sure your credit card is also listed on this page. (More info on this below.)
Are you based outside of the United States? MoreCommerce has partnered with World First and Payoneer as preferred issuers of USD accounts for international sellers to collect their funds and bring more profit home.
How much you'll get paid
MoreCommerce will pay you according to our Payment Schedule. For each settlement period, your total payment will include:
Orders delivered and scanned within the settlement period.
- If we do not receive a delivery scan on an order for some reason, you will be paid on the estimated delivery date associated with the Economy shipping service level applicable to the point of origin indicated in Merchant’s account settings.
- Deductions for any orders that are canceled or returned within the settlement period.
Fees for any orders placed within the settlement period.
- For any orders that are canceled or returned within the settlement period, MoreCommerce may refund some or all of the relevant fees.
Your Merchant Plan is billed separately.
- MoreCommerce includes fees into the settlement period when an order is placed; MoreCommerce includes order value in the settlement period in which the order is scanned as delivered by a supported carrier.
- Each ACH payment reflects the activity (orders, shipments, returns, and cancellations) that occurred within a given settlement period.
So if a shopper buys one of your products on the 15th of a given month and it is scanned as delivered on the 17th, MoreCommerce will include the fees in one settlement period and the order value in the next settlement period.
Cancellations, returns, and fees can sometimes sum up to a negative amount for a settlement period. In those cases, MoreCommerce may bill your credit card for the amount or carry the amount into the next settlement period.